Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

engl 102 ashly mota

ABOUT ME:

My name is Ashly Mota. This is my second spring quarter at Olympic College. I am finding that a lot of people my age are still trying to figure out what they want to be when they grow up. I have a different look at college now, thanks to the new perspectives and diverse thinking. Now I am all bushy tailed and wide eyed for all the new possibilities to come my way.

I live in Poulsbo with my daughter. She’s going to be five in May, so we’ll just say she’s five. We really like this area. I have always said Washington is a great place to raise a family. It also helps that I am bias and from here. I grew up in Lacey/Olympia area.

As far as school goes, I am looking to become a dental hygienist. I am completing my prerequisites with OC, then plan to transfer to pierce community college or Sholine community college. I haven’t decided on which one yet. I know I have plenty of time to figure it out.

Between studying, classes, and work, I spend all of my time at Olympic College, which I really enjoy. I work in the registration office of the Poulsbo campus, so I get to see lots of faces and hear of all the different courses people have taken.

 

3 comments:

  1. Great plans! Good to have you in the class, and beautiful picture of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, saw you started following my blog. Are you in the evening class on tuesdays also? I am following yours as well. I work as a labtech mon-sat in the library so see ya at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi meagan. im new to this whole blog thing and the three people whom i had added in classes had not posted anything yet. i followed yours because it seemed like you had a thing on things and you might be a good person to discuss topics with. i am in the tuesday 1-3 class. i really like how things are open ended like this. it gives me more freedom to be creative in my writing while still serving an academic purpose. we have probably bumped into each other a few times as i am always in the lab trying to get homework done. if i don't get a head start on the assignments i fall behind quite fast.

    ReplyDelete